The Indiana Bastille Day Waiter’s Race challenges participant’s speed, agility and balance, as they race as fast as possible through a set half mile course around Fortville Landmark Park, holding a loaded tray without spilling its contents! The race is open to the public. No prior experience required.
Three winners will be determined based on the fastest time and the least amount of liquid spilled. Winners will receive Bastille Day Bucks to use during the festival:
- 1st Prize: 25 Bastille Day Bucks
- 2nd Prize: 15 Bastille Day Bucks
- 3rd Prize: 10 Bastille Day Bucks
The race will begin promptly on Saturday, July 11th, at 2:00pm.
- Each tray will contain 1 Perrier bottle, 1 tall glass of “Perrier Menthe” (water with green food coloring), and 1 small plastic glass of water (provided by the organizers).
- Required attire for participants includes a long black apron (provided by the organizers).
- Participants must only walk or speed walk through the length of the course. There will be no running allowed.
- Participants must place one hand behind their back, with only one hand holding the tray, balancing the glasses and bottle. Should the participants free hand touch the tray or any items on the tray to prevent items from tipping, spilling or dropping, 5 seconds will be docked from final time.
Think you have what it takes to win the race? Sign up at the Waiters’ Race start line, next to the firemen on the soccer field around 1:30p. We will equip you with a tray and apron and wish you “bonne chance”.